Why is my printer offline?
An offline status message simply means that your computer isn’t communicating with your printer at the moment. This could be because your printer is either turned off or in sleep mode. Or, if your printer connects to your WiFi network wirelessly, your WiFi may be disconnected.
How do I fix a printer that is offline?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device.
- Restart your PC.
How can I get my HP printer online?
Print a document or photo saved on your device
- Open the document or photo that you want to print.
- Tap the Action or Share icon.
- Select the email option to open a new email message.
- Type your printer’s email address in the To field.
- Type a subject in the email subject line, and then tap Send.
What do I do when my HP printer is offline?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do you change the status of a printer from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
Ensure your device is selected and click “Add printers.” This will add your printer to your Google Cloud Print account. Download the Cloud Print app on your Android device. This will allow you to access your Google Cloud Print printers from your Android. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
How do you fix a printer?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
How do I clear my printer queue?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How do I get my HP printer to scan?
How to scan with an HP printer (Android, iOS)
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Open the app, and then click the plus sign to set up your printer.
- Select one of the following scan tiles from the app home screen.
- In the Preview window, use the following options and settings to complete the scan job.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
How to print
- Select the file you want to print and open the file so it appears on your computer screen.
- Press the Ctrl and P buttons on your keyboard at the same time.
- Once the printing pop-up menu appears on your computer screen, select the printer you intend to send the job to.
- If needed, modify your print settings.
How do I get my HP printer to print remotely?
Use the HP Smart app and your HP account to enable Print Anywhere.
- Make sure your printer and computer are connected to your wireless network.
- Click the account icon to sign in or create an HP account.
- From the HP Smart app home screen, click Printer Settings.
- On the Print Anywhere tab, click Enable.
How do you change an HP printer from offline to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I reset my HP printer?
To restore your HP printer to factory-default settings, follow these steps.
- Turn the printer off. Disconnect the power cable from the printer for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
- Turn the printer on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button.
How do I reconnect my HP wireless printer?
Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer. Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu. Select the name of your wireless network, and then enter the password to complete the connection.