- What Is the Top Speed of a Pontiac g8 GXP?
- It achieved 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) in 4.5 seconds from a standstill, ran the quarter mile in 13.0 seconds at 109.6 miles per hour (176.4 kilometers per hour), and experienced 0.90g (8.8 meters per second) lateral acceleration on a skidpad.
- The GXP is equipped with an enhanced FE3 suspension setup that has been calibrated for the Nürburgring, as well as bigger, vented Brembo disc brakes.
The G8 GXP is capable of 155 miles per hour, according to Pontiac, though we did not have access to high-speed testing. Its speed is electronically regulated so that it does not exceed the speed rating of the factory tires, according to Pontiac. In terms of performance, what is the G8 GXP truly capable of?
How fast can a G8 GXP go?
- This car should be capable of sprinting from 0 to 60 MPH in roughly 4.7 seconds and covering the quarter mile in 13.0 seconds flat, but that type of power isn’t about launching the car off the line, which it is more than capable of doing as well as any other car.
- A vehicle like the G8 GXP has the type of push that allows it to keep accelerating even when the engines of regular automobiles are running out of gas.
What kind of engine does a Pontiac G8 GXP have?
Pontiac began production of the G8 GXP in 2009 as a performance-tuned model of the Pontiac G8, which was much coveted by enthusiasts at the time. Their solution was to pair the G8 with a 415-horsepower V8 engine from a Chevy Corvette and add further choices to improve the performance of the vehicle.
What is the difference between the corvette G8 GT and GXP?
When compared to the standard G8 GT, which is powered by a 6.0 Liter pushrod V8 that produces 361 horsepower, the high performance GXP is powered by the Corvette’s 6.2 Liter LS3 V8 that produces 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels through an optional six-speed manual transmission.
How much horsepower does a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP have?
This little roadster not only had its horsepower upped to an astonishing 260 horsepower, but its silky sensuality from every aspect managed to capture the attention of aficionados as well. Pontiac introduced the Grand Prix GXP, a high-performance variant of the company’s well-known family-size automobile, in 2005.
Is the Pontiac G8 GXP Supercharged?
This bolt-on supercharger, which is available for the 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 6.2L, is designed to give maximum performance while maintaining factory-like drivability and durability.
How fast can a Pontiac GXP go?
What is the top speed of a Pontiac Grand Prix?
|Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe 3.1 Performance|
|Top Speed :||190 km/h or 118 Mph|
|Acceleration 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) :||– s|
Is the Pontiac G8 GXP rare?
Pontiac left us with one more monument to its unending magnificence before it was extinguished – the GXP – before it was extinguished. These automobiles are very uncommon, with just little more than 1,800 specimens having been built.
How fast does a Pontiac G8 go?
The GT is powered by a 361 horsepower (269 kW) 6.0 L (364 cu in) Generation IV V8 engine with a 6-speed 6L80 automated transmission and Active Fuel Management. It can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 5.2 seconds and attain quarter-mile times as fast as 13.4 seconds in the quarter-mile.
How much horsepower does a GXP have?
Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan Specs for 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
|Base engine type||V-8|
What is the fastest Pontiac?
- There have been six 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXPs (143 mph) built, making them the 15 fastest cars Pontiac has ever produced.
- 5 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 455 Super Duty (130 mph)
- 5 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 455 Super Duty
- 4 1963 Pontiac Tempest Super Duty (top speed: 163 miles per hour)
- Three 1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams (each reaching 165 mph)
- 2 Pontiac G8 GXP (175 mph) from 2009
- 1 2006 Pontiac GTO (top speed of 175 mph)
How fast is a 2006 Grand Prix GXP?
- In accordance with the estimates provided by ProfessorCarsTM, this Pontiac would accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 6.4 seconds, from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in 6.8 seconds, from 0 to 200 kilometers per hour in 25.9 seconds, and from zero to quarter mile in 14.7 seconds.
- This vehicle measures 5037 mm / 198.3 inches in length, 1875 mm / 73.8 inches in width, and 1415 mm / 55.7 inches in height.
Is the Grand Prix GXP Supercharged?
Versions with a normally aspirated 3.8-liter V6 engine are available; models with a supercharged 3.8-liter V6 engine are available; models with a 5.3-liter V8 engine are available. All of them are equipped with a four-speed automatic gearbox.
Which Pontiac Grand Prix is supercharged?
The basic sedan comes equipped with a 3.8-liter V-6 engine that produces 200 horsepower. The GT sedan is fitted with a supercharged version of the engine that produces 260 horsepower.
How many Pontiac G8 GXP were made?
It is estimated that just 1,829 instances of the G8 GXP were ever produced. Remember that not all of them had a manual gearbox, which is one of the things that distinguishes the one you see here from the rest.
Why is the Pontiac G8 GXP so expensive?
Most likely due to the fact that you cannot obtain a brand new G8. When the 2009s initially came out, they were selling for roughly $27,000, presumably because Pontiac anticipated having a large number of them to get rid of. When General Motors terminated the Pontiac division, they stopped giving significant discounts on G8s.
What years did they make the Pontiac G8 GXP?
The Pontiac G8 GT and GXP, which debuted in 2008-2009, was the brand’s first muscle car sedan in more over two decades. This particular G8 GXP was not only the most powerful muscle vehicle ever produced by Pontiac, but it also happened to be released at the perfect moment.
How fast is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP?
Under ideal conditions, the G8 GXP should reach 60 miles per hour in roughly 4.7 seconds and complete a quarter-mile in 13.0 seconds at 108 miles per hour. Final testing will determine the exact performance figures.
Is Pontiac G8 a muscle car?
The Pontiac G8 is a contemporary muscle vehicle with rear-wheel drive and a snarling V8 engine that makes a lot of noise. While the new GXP variant accelerates at full power, it reminds us of a Corvette, pushing us into the back of the seat as a guttural howl emanates from beneath the hood.
How fast does a Pontiac G8 go from 0 to 60?
2008 Pontiac G8 GT 0-60 time, quarter mile time, and specifications
|0-60 mph||4.7 seconds|
|0-100 kph||5.0 seconds|
|Top speed||226 kph / 140 mph|
|Curb weight||1777 kilograms (3918 pounds)|